Subject: TIPS & FAQ
From: "T.Poppy" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:56:09 -0000

Dear Steve
Thought you might be interested in this little tip I have for wheel
alignment when fitting tyres?

As we all know it can be a real pain at times to align aircraft wheels on
the axle, I found this easy solution when dealing with my 144 Boeing 747 and
its array of many wheels.

This tip is for wheels that have one tyre on each side of the axle, so that
they are pushing together.

Place the wheels together through the axle as you normally would, just as
they are about to tack off and get slightly stronger together, open a vice
and gently place the wheels inside the jaws, then gently close so they are
held and after 1 minute gently remove them and hey presto they are aligned.
Please take care so that you are only just holding them in the vice, over
tightning may cause the tyres to burst :-) Also make sure your vice jaws are
square, for obvious reasons.

Hope this is of use, sorry i have no pictures but I do not have a digital
camera.

Regards

Terry Poppy

Swindon, Wilts

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Regards Terry Poppy
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.443 / Virus Database: 248 - Release Date: 10/01/03