Extra work done on it was rescribing the panel lines. I used True Details flattened wheels and drilled out 80% of the airscoops. I stole the paper tank and bozoka rockets from a Hasegawa P-51D kit.
Cockpit is stock Monogram with added throttle quadrant. Stretched spruce was used to make the throttle handles.
I added Squadron P.E. seat belts and targeting cross hair. Used P.E. to built up the targeting glass holder. If you look carefully at the windscreen, you'll see the thick armor glass mounted inside the front of the windscreen. Can't remember if that was part of the kit or I added that.
I used Squadron canopy set to replace the super thick clear parts that came with the kit.
Painted using Gunze acrylic and Tamiya olive drab. Don't know if you can see it but there are subtle different shade of O.D. and subtle weathering. I used AeroMaster decals. They went on great. My only complaint is that the white star is a little thin or transparent.
Photos and text © by Wayne Hui