Subject: Re: P-38 Bombshell Decals review
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dave Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:12:30 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dave Johnson 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:52 PM
  Subject: P-38 Bombshell Decals review

             Play slideshow   Save all photos  Want to save all these photos at once? Learn how  
       Online pictures are available for 30 days  

  Bombshell Decals

  Wicked Women P-38 Lightenings

  Product Review by Dave Johnson on the ## March 2010

  Bombshell Decals launched itself six months ago with 3 impressive 1/48 
  B-25J decal sheets. Run By Mike Kloppenburg from his family home in 
  Fayetteville, North Carolina. His desire to provide top quality nose art 
  decals, from subjects that he has a passion for and wishes to share them 
  with fellow modelers.

  Two of the three sheets from second release from Bombshell Decals are 
  for Trumpeters 1/32 P-38 Lightening. Wicked Women P-38 Lightening sheet 
  includes two markings for two P-38's and various stencils are included. 
  Star and Bars national markings has been also included but for one aircraft.

  Aircraft on this sheet are the following -

  "Vivacious Virgin II" flown by Lt. Ian B. Mackenzie of the 9^th Air 
  Force 402nd FS, 370th FG. This P-38 Lightening carries D-Day stripes on 
  the undersides of the booms and remnants on the stripes on the wings. 
  Painted on the nose is pin-up sitting touching her knees.

  "San Antonio Rose" flown by Lt. Charles B. Ray of the 80th FS, 8th FG. 
  This P-38 Lightening has Olive drab anti-glare panels and green spinners 
  and id band on the tail and wings. The pin up is a topless dancer and 
  also has 3 Japanese kill markers just in front of the cockpit.

  Decal instructions are printed in full colour with large profile art. 
  Federal Standards paint codes are supplied to match up with your 
  favorite paint range.

  As mention before included on the sheet are various stencils, which 
  include stencils for the props and some generic placards that can be 
  used on the landing gears and the engines.

  The sheets have been printed by the world leaders in decals technology 
  Cartograf of Italy. The sheets have been printed in a limited run and 
  are probably the best I have seen. The detail and the artwork of the 
  pin-ups are outstanding! There is almost no decal carrier film visible also.

  I would like to thank Mike at Bombshell Decals for the supplying this 
  review sample.

       

       

        Get Windows Live Mail to create your own photo e-mails