Subject: Re: P-38 Bombshell Decals pt2 review
From: "Submissions for ARC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dave Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:20:36 -0800

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know your article went on ARC today.  Thanks again for sending it in.

Steve Bamford
Aircraft Resource Center
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Live like there is no tomorrow;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dave Johnson 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:54 PM
  Subject: P-38 Bombshell Decals pt2 review

             Play slideshow   Save all photos  Want to save all these photos at once? Learn how  
       Online pictures are available for 30 days  

  Bombshell Decals

  Wicked Women P-38 Lightenings

  Product Review by Dave Johnson on the ## March 2010

  Bombshell Decals launched itself six months ago with 3 impressive 1/48 
  B-25J decal sheets. Run By Mike Kloppenburg from his family home in 
  Fayetteville, North Carolina. His desire to provide top quality nose art 
  decals, from subjects that he has a passion for and wishes to share them 
  with fellow modelers.

  Two of the three sheets from second release from Bombshell Decals are 
  for Trumpeters 1/32 P-38 Lightening. Wicked Women P-38 Lightening sheet 
  includes two markings for two P-38's and various stencils are included. 
  Star and Bars national markings has been also included but for one aircraft.

  Aircraft on this sheet are the following -

  "Virginia Marie" flown by Carroll Anderson of the 5th Air Force, 433rd 
  FS, 475th FG. This P-38 Lightening was painted in Blue dope anti-glare 
  panels, id bands and spinners. The Spinners also has a polished Aluminum 
  band in the middle. Painted on the nose is a bikini clad pin-up.

  "Wicked Women" flown by Lt. Mclawnson of the 36th FS, 8th FG. This 
  aircraft was painted with a glossy black id bands and nose that was 
  trimmed in white. Anti-glare panels were painted in flat black.

  Decal instructions are printed in full colour with large profile art. 
  Federal Standards paint codes are supplied to match up with your 
  favorite paint range.

  As mention before included on the sheet are various stencils, which 
  include stencils for the props and some generic placards that can be 
  used on the landing gears and the engines.

  The sheets have been printed by the world leaders in decals technology 
  Cartograf of Italy. The sheets have been printed in a limited run and 
  are probably the best I have seen. The detail and the artwork of the 
  pin-ups are outstanding! There is almost no decal carrier film visible also.

  I would like to thank Mike at Bombshell Decals for the supplying this 
  review sample.

       

       

        Get Windows Live Mail to create your own photo e-mails